Here are a link of educational resources useful for teachers – some of which we will be utilising this year:
- https://www.google.com/moderator/ – Moderator – open up discussion/poll on topics for students/people to discuss.
- https://support.google.com/drive/answer/87809?hl=en – Google forms – add them to your spreadsheets
- http://www.flubaroo.com/instructional-videos – Quizz/Polls integrated into Google docs – tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVzmzej_rbY
- https://support.google.com/drive/answer/177123?hl=en&topic=1361611&ctx=topic – Google Drawing Tutorial
- http://www.googlegooru.com/26-tips-for-teaching-with-google-apps/ – tips on using Google Docs in classroom
General Education websites
- http://interactivesites.weebly.com/ – All of the best K-5 online, interactive, educational games and simulations in one place!
- http://www.edu-apps.org/index.html – Edu Apps – open collection of learning apps built on LTI™
- http://www.funbrain.com/ – maths and reading activities
- https://todaysmeet.com – interactive questions for live sessions – could use for students to post questions while I am teaching
- http://www.socrative.com/ – Socrative – interactive live tests/questions
- https://bubbl.us/ – brainstorming
- http://teachertools.co.nz/lessons-and-more/ – Teachers Tools NZ
Te Reo Māori
- http://www.kmk.maori.nz/links/ – list of te reo resources
- http://www.kupu.maori.nz/ – Grammar/phrase website
- http://www.tewhanake.maori.nz/ – Te Whanake online course or videos, animations, tests, exercises
- https://www.languagenut.com/us/languages/te-reo-maori.html Language Nut two week free trial Māori and other language courses.
- http://www.maorilanguage.net/phrase_drills/phrase_drills_lesson.cfm?learningsubcategoryid=16# – Whakatauki
- http://www.wicked.org.nz/Kokona-Maori – Māori Learning Kokona Māori
- http://www.languagenut.com/nz/languages/te-reo-maori.html – free two week trial
Online Te Reo Videos and Waiata
- http://www.simmondsbrothers.com/cartoon-drawers-takiwaru – a few waiata animations
- http://www.youtube.com/TalkMaori Karakia and waiata series on YouTube
Online Reading in Te Reo
- http://www.tki.org.nz/r/maori/wharekura/index_m.html – online te reo journals
- http://mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Te-Huinga-Raukura-Amokura – online ebooks in te reo
Maths in Te Reo
- http://e-ako-pangarau.nzmaths.co.nz/ e-ako online maths course in te reo
- http://www.nzmaths.co.nz/ng-rauemi-reo-m-ori-o-nzmaths math resources in te reo
- http://www2.nzmaths.co.nz/maori/Dictionary/ maths Dictionary in te reo
- http://www.maorispellchecker.net.nz/ Spellchecker software for Windows
- http://maori.typeit.org/ – online macrons
iPad apps suitable for primary students
Kura – fun for learning te reo vocabulary.
Te Pūmanawa – great for pronunciation practise.
Math Machine – great for numbers.
He aha te pikitia? – a fun vocabulary game.
Some really good free apps for adults and motivated children
imarae from Te Wānanga o Aotearoa – great resource on waiata, marae protocol, greetings, proverbs, how to end letters and emails and more.
Te Kete Tikanga Māori from Tourism NZ – phrases, tikanga and pronunciation.
Te Whanake – partially free content from a comprehensive te reo course – animations, podcasts and videos – plus quizzes.
Te Puna Hihiko – basic phrases and pronunciation as well as tikanga.
A te reo website I have come across which I think is fantastic for learners of te reo has a free section to record and compare your pronunciation of te reo Māori as well as learn phrases: http://tepumanawa.com/index.php/web/site/lesson/1/1. It gives you the ability to record and listen to yourself compared with a native speaker – great with a pair of headphones.
Printed Te Reo School Resources
- Reo Māori student readers published by Te Pou Taki Kōrero Learning Media
- He Kohikohinga – A journal for students at middle to senior primary levels containing articles, stories, poems and plays.
- He Purapura – Books in Māori for students at early to middle primary levels. Most He Purapura books contain one story or Māori legend.
- Pīpī – Alphabet and caption books for primary students beginning to read in Māori.
- Te Tautoko – A journal for intermediate to advanced learners of te reo Māori. Stories cover topics of interest to secondary school students.
- Te Wharekura – A journal for senior secondary students. Each issue focuses on a single topic and many are based on ancestry.
- Toi te Kupu – A bi-monthly newspaper focussing on issues affecting Māori secondary students and the community. Students are encouraged to submit articles.
- Tuhono – A mathematics, science, and technology journal for students aged 7 – 11.
- Tupu – For students from early childhood to secondary school, the books contain a variety of genres including stories, non-fiction material and plays.
- Whakawhiti – Chapter books for upper primary to early secondary students.
- Waiata Kōhungahunga – Songs in Māori for children in early childhood centres.
- http://www.spellodrome.co.nz/ – free two week trial
- http://nz.ixl.com/math/year-4 IXL – 30 day free trial
- http://www.mathsbuddy.co.nz/ – Maths Buddy – 30 day free trial
- http://www.mathletics.co.nz/ – Matheletics free two week trial
Basic Facts Quizzes
http://www.math-aids.com/Addition/Addition_Drills.html – Make Basic Facts quizzes
- http://www.multiplication.com/learn/fact-navigator – learning times tables Multiplication.com interactive timestables
- http://www.maths-games.org/times-tables-games.html – times tables practice
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/maths/number/ – BBC Bitesize Games
https://trello.com/ – organising collaborative online software – TRELLO with ipad app
http://www.dharmaschool.co.uk/topics/blog/ – Dharma School UK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTfYv3IEOqM – Focus seminar – Daniel Goleman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MikBRguJq0g&list=SP10g2YT_ln2gmPbtzIWIPXKsNR2_-BrWn&index=1 – Focus Highlights of Daniel Goleman
Social Atmosphere in Classroom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZxNldBEU6o&list=FLSDu9wRxq0MAzgFc-1Ve2Tw&index=10 – Social activity in class – with Maths as a Social Activity
http://wisemapping.com/ – free web and computer based brainstorming
http://www.codecademy.com/ – Code Academy : Learn to code interactively for free
http://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download – Gamemaker
http://www.crunchzilla.com/ – Crunchzilla
http://www.crunchzilla.com/code-monster – Codemonster
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/daisy-the-dinosaur/id490514278 – Daisy Dinosaur App
LMS – Learning Management System
https://www.myhaikuclass.com/ – Haiku
http://www.edu-apps.org/index.html – Open Source Edu Apps for websites LTI
http://traintheteacher.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/2013-in-review-13-from-13/ – NZ Teacher New NZ
Technology Education Blogs
http://www.edudemic.com/ – Edudemic
http://www.blender.org/features/ – Blender
Beginning School Resources
http://www.studyladder.co.nz/guides/survival – Study Ladder Resourses
Parent Help Signup Organisation
http://www.volunteerspot.com/ – Volunteer Spot